What is the PTA and what does it do?
The PTA is a registered charity, run by a committee of parents, teachers and friends of the school. Primarily the PTA fundraises to benefit the whole school. We work together to organise quality fun events for pupils and their parents, carers & family as well as the local community.
The PTA contributes funds to all sorts of things. Some of the recent things we have funded include replenishing the bark chippings around the play equipment, buying licenses for 33 new lap tops for use in school by all pupils, coach travel to Newbury for the whole school trip to see the pantomime and most recently we contributed £3,000 towards the cost of replacing the interactive white boards in several of the class rooms.
Whilst fund-raising is a major part of the PTA's activities and directly contributes to the improvement of the school, there's a lot more to it than that. We help to build the whole school community, including linking with wider society, all of which benefits the school and offers a positive influence within the local area.
How can you help?
- We all lead busy lives, but there are lots of ways you can help:
- Be a regular committee member and attend meetings, be involved in planning events
- Pop in and attend meetings infrequently... all are welcome, meetings are advertised in the school newsletter
- Help at events – we can’t run events without the support of parents, the more people that help, the less each individual has to do. Look out for requests for help in the school newsletter and on the Facebook page. We try to divide the work into short ‘shifts’ so you can still enjoy the event with your family
- Use your skills to help us e.g. Website skills, Graphic design etc
- Use resources to help us e.g. printing, donating services or products (e.g. forraffle prizes)
- Utilise your employer – do they have a charitable giving policy or offer matched funding?
- Donate outgrown uniform that is still in good condition – we periodically hold second hand uniform sales.
- Share your ideas and feedback.
- Attend events and enjoy yourselves!
Becoming a member of the PTA is a great way of getting to know other families and school staff whilst making a real contribution to the quality of school life for everyone.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions for fund raising activities, can help in any way, or have ideas about how we can get the most benefit from the funds we raise. Please contact us on email@example.com.
We also have a Facebook page.